Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Oscar

Oscar the cat is not just any cat as he could predict the death of old people in this facility. It hasn’t been proven scientifically yet that the cat could really predict deaths as it could just be laying around old people in this nursing facility where death could occur at anytime however some actually believe in this cat’s abilities! Personally I believe that this is learnt behavior as the cat sees how the doctors and nurses check on the patients at this facility. Coincidences happen all the time however if this cat truly has this amazing ability than it should be cloned.

Personally I tend to base my decisions on scientific evidence, as such I find it hard to believe in Oscar's abilities because it seems all too superstitious to me. Until Oscar is taken out of the current facility where his "ability" can be further tested and scientific evidence is derived then I cannot say I believe that his ability even exists. it more likely that his current ability to predict deaths is merely coincidental or I would go as far as presuming that cats in general have the ability to communicate with dying folk.

No comments: